When do you use a metering pump?
In applications with one or more of the following:
- High accuracy dosing (or movement of media) is required
- Control of pumping by computer, PLC, or flow proportioning is necessary
- Flow rates are GPH or less
- High system pressure occurs
- Media is high viscosity or slurry
How does it transfer media?
It begins with the intake stroke where the inlet side of the pump is opened, the outlet side closed and liquid is pulled in to the pump cavity. It ends when the outlet stroke where the inlet side of the pump is closed, the outlet side opened and liquid is forced out.